This program is primarily focused on providing up-and-coming small businesses, community organizations and individuals with support to grow. Program eligibility is limited to Nunavut Residents and business majority owned by Nunavut Residents. It contains three funds:
Small Business Opportunities Fund
- aims to help business start-ups and expansions
- includes support for developing business and marketing plans
- also supports new pilot projects, and business and "wind-down"
Entrepreneur Development Fund
- assists business through training and skill development
- eligible training includes accounting, bookkeeping, business start-up, and tourism safety and risk management
- also assists in the establishment of business aftercare programs
Sustainable Livelihood Fund
- supports activity in the tourism, arts & crafts and harvesting sectors
- assistance to overcome immediate legal or bookkeeping problems
- support the purchase of tools and other minor capital items
- helps pay for tourism operators' liability insurance
The Small Business Support Program Policy can be found on page 20 of the Grants and Contributions Policy.