This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Under the direction of the Health and Community Care Program Supervisor, the incumbent provides health and support services to clients in Inuktitut and English, enabling them to stay in their homes and to promote the optimal level of functioning in the activities of daily living.
The Home & Community Care Representative is an integral part of the services offered in the program and is vital to the effectiveness and efficiency of the program operation. This position works closely with the Home Care Nurse and may be involved in client assessments by providing interpretive services for the client and Home Care Nurse. The Home & Community Care representative will be a significant contact for the client and his/her family. Some of the responsibilities include but not limited to: ensure that all client, family and program information, records and communication are treated with strict confidentiality, assist with client duties, record data appropriately, completely and in a timely way to ensure clear and accurate client and employee records and to assume part-time duties of a HCCW II as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to read and write in English/Inuktitut.
- Able to translate English to syllabics.
- The ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Possess or the ability to obtain a Class 4 driver’s license.
- Ability to work closely with Health Care Team.
- The ability to be bondable.
- Ability to problem solve.
- A current CPR/First Aid certificate will be considered an asset.
- Computer skills (Will be considered an asset).
- Willing to learn and attend educational sessions.