This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Development Technical, the incumbent is responsible for
overall coordination of the new construction of public housing and staff housing as well as technical support for the homeownership repair programs to enable the partner to directly deliver technical housing programs funded by Nunavut Housing Corporation.
This position is required to support the design and/or construction and project and contract management of public and staff housing; assist in delivery of home ownership programs; and will work within established Government of Nunavut and NHC policies, procedures and regulations and building codes and regulations. As well, be responsible to make recommendations on major repairs and maintenance requirements including NHC Maintenance Management Program. Reviews and manage the tendering process, open and evaluate bids. Administers and approves contracts and contractor progress claims, evaluates Inuit/local/northern contractor’s performance and history and coordinates LHO support where required to support NHC programs. Regional responsibilities include, prepare briefing notes, community status reports and other reports as required, manage special projects as assigned and prepare estimates and budgets.
The candidate will have completed a relevant degree (architecture, engineering, etc) and five years related experience as part a project team involved in building or design operations and maintenance or housing project delivery. Assets include building inspection experience; designation or certification as a provincial or municipal building official; experience related to cold climate building design and construction and in contract management or procurement.
The Office Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French. Fluency in more than one of the Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.