In this highly interactive workshop participants can expect to not only learn the theory behind
active listening but also to engage in participatory exercises and activities to practice the learned
skill of active listening.
• Hearing something doesn’t actually mean you’re listening and other myths
• Typical patterns of communication, where is it going all wrong?
• Proactive vs. passive listening
• Understanding the common pitfalls of passive listening
• Developing active listening skills
• Empathic listening
• Listening from the heart and head
• Shaping your language so that others know you are listening actively
• Ridding yourself of internal judgments
• Listening patterns, how to establish new habits when listening
• Listening with the big picture in mind
• Achieving success with proactive language and attitudes
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Listen to others empathically
• Be able to use active listening skills to achieve personal and organizational success
• Improve working and personal relationships
• Model proactive listening skills for others to emulate
• Understand your old listening tendencies and implement more effective active listening patterns
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to improve their ability to understand and communicate more effectively with others.