This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Under the supervision of the Director of Health Programs the Supervisor Health Programs provides optimal health to the community and ensures continuity of care. The incumbent will administer a comprehensive community health program in conjunction with other members of the health care team, the incumbent also has the responsibility of managing and providing direct supervision to community health nurses at various levels of qualification and to support staff.
In order to be considered for this position, the incumbent must have:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Diploma in Nursing with 5 years nursing experience
- Minimum 2 year supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license, Basic CPR and annual re-certification.
- Ability to teach/communicate effectively on an individual or group basis with in a cross cultural setting.
- Ability to adapt clinical practices to a unique culture setting in order to create a positive and meaningful experience for clients
- Knowledge of current trends in health promotion/disease prevention practices and programs.
- Current registration with RNANT/NU or eligibility to become registered.
- Exceptions will be made for Nunavummiut and/or graduates of Nunavut Arctic College Northern Nursing Education.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, English and French.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.