We want you because you are good at what you do. You want you to work for us because we can provide experiences beyond your wildest dreams. Nursing in Nunavut, it’s not just a job; it’s the adventure of a lifetime. The Baffin Region has the personal adventures you have been looking for combined with the professional opportunities and challenges you crave.
The Government of Nunavut is looking for experienced Supervisor Health Programs who are looking to expand and build their professional skills. Cross-cultural opportunities combined with an untouched environment make life in Nunavut fulfilling and rewarding.
Under the supervision of the Director of Health Programs the Supervisor Health Programs provides optimal health to the community and ensures continuity of care. The incumbent will administer a comprehensive community health program in conjunction with other members of the health care team, the incumbent also has the responsibility of managing and providing direct supervision to community health nurses at various levels of qualification and to support staff.
In order to be considered for this position, the incumbent must have:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Diploma in Nursing with 5 years nursing experience
- Minimum 2 year supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license, Basic CPR and annual re-certification.
- Ability to teach/communicate effectively on an individual or group basis with in a cross cultural setting.
- Ability to adapt clinical practices to a unique culture setting in order to create a positive and meaningful experience for clients
- Knowledge of current trends in health promotion/disease prevention practices and programs.
- Current registration with RNANT/NU or eligibility to become registered.
- Exceptions will be made for Nunavummiut and/or graduates of Nunavut Arctic College Northern Nursing Education.
SUBSIDIZED STAFF HOUSING IS AVAILABLE
This position is included in the Nunavut Employee’s Union. Salary starts at $109,707 to $124,527 per annum as well as a Northern Allowance, the amount which varies by community. Subsidized housing is available.
For indeterminate nurses, recruitment bonuses include: $5,000 on initial hire, $5,000 at 18 months of service and $10,000 at 30 months of service. Allowances include annual special allowance of $9,000/yr and a continuous service allowance (0-5 years) $375 paid monthly.