Supervisor, Children & Family Services
Department of Family Services
The position exists to ensure effective leadership and management of Community Social Workers responsible for the provision of a full range of essential social programs and services. Programs include Child Protection and Family Services. Delivery is governed by a series of Acts, such as the Child and Family Services Act, the Adoptions Act, Indigent Health Benefits (IHB) and a variety of acts governing professionals as well by various professional and departmental standards and legal procedures.
The Supervisor provides leadership, direction and support to Social Workers and administrative support staff.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with 3 years related experience to include proven supervisory experience or a Master’s Degree with 1 year related experience to include proven supervisory experience. Experience includes assisting, assessing, interviewing, counseling, facilitating etc. The incumbent is required to keep up to date with current social work practise.
• Knowledge of social services programs and policies and related legislation
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting, able to work in a team environment
• Excellent counseling skills, oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of various software packages
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Crisis intervention skills, assessment and case planning skills
This is an indeterminate position but if there is no successful Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiary the position will be offered as a 3 year term.
This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union and has a starting salary of $93,951.00 per annum, plus a Northern Allowance of $22,042 per annum.
REFERENCE: 17-501599 Closing Date: April 30, 2014 (Midnight local time)
SUBSIDIZED STAFF HOUSING IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY