This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Under the supervision of the Director of Health Programs the Supervisor Health Programs provides optimal health to the community and ensures continuity of care. The incumbent will administer a comprehensive community health program in conjunction with other members of the health care team, the incumbent also has the responsibility of managing and providing direct supervision to community health nurses at various levels of qualification and to support staff.
In order to be considered for this position, the incumbent must have:
A Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Diploma in Nursing with 5 years nursing experience
Minimum 2 year supervisory experience
Valid driver’s licence, basic CPR and annual re-certification.
Ability to teach/communicate effectively on an individual or group basis with in a cross cultural setting.
Ability to adapt clinical practices to a unique culture setting in order to create a positive and meaningful experience for clients
Knowledge of current trends in health promotion/disease prevention practices and programs.
Current registration with RNANT/NU or eligibility to become registered.
Exceptions will be made for Nunavummiut and/or graduates of Nunavut Arctic College Northern Nursing Education.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, English and French.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
· The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
· Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
· Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
· Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
· Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
· Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WRITE TO: Department of Health
Government of Nunavut
PO Box 1000, Station 1000
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Phone: (867) 975-8600 ext 5012
Toll free: 1-800-663-5738
Fax: (867) 975-8609