This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager, Network Operations, the Senior Technical Specialist Lead (Networks) is the team lead and provides supervision, technical expertise, and oversight for staff within the Telecommunication section. This includes tasks such as contract resourcing, scheduling after hours coverage and being the technical go to point. The Senior Technical Specialist Lead (Networks) will also work closely with the Manager, Network Operations to draft and recommend performance reviews, technical direction and scheduling training, project reviews and other tasks related to the Network section and it’s team members. This position involves researching and analyzing complex telecommunications issues and problems that may not be resolvable by applying existing approaches or practices. This is particularly true when considering emerging technologies that must integrate seamlessly into the complex existing environment.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized Diploma in at least one informatics specialty and extensive in-depth knowledge of Telecommunications support operations along with seven (7) years of related experience in a similarly large and complex informatics environment including supervisory and/or team lead experience. Proven experience in project and contract administration within an enterprise level IM/IT environment is an asset. Exposure to satellite network communications is an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English, and French.
Fluency in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun or French is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land, and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.