This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager, Inpatient Care, the incumbent is responsible for bed utilization as well as the coordination of case management activities relating to clients of the Inpatient Care Unit of Qikiqtani General Hospital. This work is done in collaboration with other health professionals, facilities and services. This position is responsible for ensuring that the services are delivered effectively ensuring timely access and coordination of care for these clients.
The incumbent coordinates all relevant health care activities as required for the care of clients of the Inpatient Care Unit, and includes, but is not limited to providing comprehensive case management activities, liaising within Iqaluit, Territorial and Out-of Territory client care teams to ensure a coordinated approach to delivery of services and acting as a resource to all staff, including physicians , in order to optimize the working environment.
Professional Practice and Development:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities is typically acquired through;
- Bachelor or Diploma of nursing from a recognized Canadian University, or equivalent;
- Three years of recent experience in a broad –based acute care setting required;
- Nursing Registration with RNANT/NU is required.
- The incumbent must be willing to attend/successfully complete Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) within six months of hire or next available offering. These mandatory certifications are to be renewed as per course guidelines for renewal.
- Experience working in Case Management and /or Telemedicine would be considered as an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
An Eligibility List may be created for all future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.