We require a public health nurse to fill positions in various communities across Nunavut. The incumbent of this position provides public health services to individuals and groups in the community in accordance with the public health program standards set by the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH). Primary focus is on maternal/child health, school health, communicable disease and immunization programs. The Public Health Nurse also serves as a resource for individuals and groups within the community, providing a public health perspective to community initiated health promotion strategies.
Education: Bachelor of Nursing from a Canadian University OR an approved equivalent
Eligibility for Registration with RNANT/Nunavut
CPR is required
Two years public health nursing experience is required
Valid Driver’s license is required
Other: Experience in remote and isolated communities is an asset
PHAC Skills online courses are an asset
CHNC certification is an asset
The candidate will also have knowledge of current trends in health promotion/disease prevention practices and programs and core competencies for public health in Canada.
For full-time, permanent nurses, recruitment bonuses include: $5,000 on start date, $5,000 at 18 months of service and $10,000 at 30 months of service. Additional premiums include a $9,000 Annual Frontline Allowance and a $375 Monthly Retention Bonus totaling $4,500 per year.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.