This position provides expert mental health, addictions and concurrent disorder services to clients, families and the community, who have experienced several generations of cultural, emotional and physical trauma. This position requires a strong background in Psychiatric Nursing, usually through at 3-5 years of relevant experience.
The incumbent also collaborates with physicians, specialists, social services, RCMP, Homeless shelter, Women’s shelter, Community organizations, and other Government of Nunavut Departments such as Housing, Justice, Education and Income Support.
Education: Registered Psychiatric Nurse or Registered Nurse with a certification in mental Health, registration with a professional governing body, in good standing, adhering to all legal and ethical standards.
Skills: Three to five years psychiatric nursing, knowledge of DSM, experience working in a multi-cultural setting, knowledge of Acts and Legislations such as Mental Health Act Child Family Service Act, Public Health Act, Guardianship/Trustee Act.
This position comes with subsidized staff housing
An Eligibility List may be created for all future vacancies.
This position is included in the Nunavut Employee’s Union. Salary starts at $95,882-$108,810 per annum with Northern Allowance of $15, 016 - $34, 455.00
For indeterminate nurses, recruitment bonuses include: $5,000 on initial hire, $5,000 at 18 months of service and $10,000 at 30 months of service. Allowances include annual special allowance ranging from $9,000 to $19,500 depending on location and a continuous service allowance (0-5 years) $375 paid monthly.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.