This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, the Project Manager is responsible for establishing and implementing projects designed to meet Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) requirements from initiation to completion. This includes devising a strategy to complete all projects assigned, liaising with stakeholders and sponsors, establishing project scope, budget, and schedule and project delivery, change management and troubleshooting closure.
This position exists to provide the project management and controls to ensure the successful implementation of large complex projects that typically involve all districts and require central coordination. Projects can range from large scale capital initiatives to smaller but more complex projects such as Project Management Information System support and roll-out, smaller capital projects supporting cross department initiatives. The Project Manager will provide advice and support to other NHC sections to establish and run smaller projects as needed.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized Technology Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or related field, along with five (5) years project management experience. Assets will include: a professional accreditation in project management, engineering or architecture, work experience using Project Management Information System Software and experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French.
Fluency in two or more of the official languages of Nunavut is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Current Indeterminate Government of Nunavut employees that apply and are successful on this term position may be offered a transfer assignment for the duration of the term, pending managerial approval.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.