This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager of Distance Learning, the incumbent will instruct online P.A.S.S. courses using a range of instructional styles incorporating adult education principles, collaborating with P.A.S.S. staff in ongoing monitoring and administration of programs including student applications, enrolment, progress and general activity, and evaluating student learning.
The incumbent’s instructional duties will be assigned to a variety of online courses that may include, but are not limited to: English, Social Studies, Math, Science, and other courses offered in the P.A.S.S. program. The incumbent will work with other P.A.S.S. staff in a variety of capacities, which may include staff and faculty training, course development and design, planning, program review, developing and implementing policies, promoting, and other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Education degree with studies in a discipline appropriate to the P.A.S.S. curriculum; combined with two (2) years of experience in the instruction of adult learners;
- Experience preparing and delivering courses using distance learning tools (LMS, Moodle, and synchronous tools such as Google Hangouts, etc.);
- Training/experience in the online instruction of adults;
- Demonstrated ability to organize instruction for adults and have instructional techniques that are both innovative and practical in application;
- Cross cultural experience with adult education, preferably in the North; and
- Ability to speak more than one of Nunavut’s official languages in an asset.
An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Short-listed candidates may undergo a vulnerable sector check as necessitated by the demographics of the learners participating in the program.