The Pathways to Adult Secondary School Success (PASS) program of Nunavut Arctic College is seeking PASS Facilitators in the communities of Gjoa Haven, Coral Harbour, Sanirajak, Igloolik, Naujaat and Pangnirtung
The PASS Facilitator is the front-line local community support for PASS students who are working towards their grade 12 diploma. The students are taking course such as English, Social Studies, Math and other courses offered in the PASS program. The students are taught the courses online, and the PASS Facilitator will be expected to facilitate their learning and assist students who have a range of technical abilities.
Applicants to the position must have successfully completed a High School Diploma, and must have:
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Cross cultural experience in the specific community the position is located in
- Flexibility, good organization and ability to work independently
- Certificate in Adult Education and/or Bachelor of Education or graduate degree related to education, preferably with a concentration in adult education
- Minimum of 1 full academic year instructing adults in a secondary or post-secondary environment, 2 years or more is preferred.
- The ability for the incumbent to speak read or write in one of the Inuit languages
Hours will fluctuate between 0-20 per week and applicants can do the work evenings or weekends.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.