This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants
Reporting to the Pandemic Logistics and Evaluation Manager, the Pandemic Logistics Coordinator is responsible for supporting the supply chain and logistics operations for the Department of Health during the COVID-19 pandemic. This position supports the procurement, inventory management and control, warehousing of the territorial stockpile of COVID-19 pandemic supplies. This includes personal protective equipment, specialized equipment, and laboratory-related supplies. The Pandemic Logistics Coordinator plays a critical role in the deployment of the Rapid Response Team (RRT) and acts as the department of health logistics focal point during the COVID-19 pandemic response. This position may also be deployed at short notice to support on the ground logistics when the RRT is deployed to an impacted community.
The Pandemic Logistics Coordinator will work closely with the Pandemics Logistiocs and Evelautin Manager and other staff within Department of Health, including the regional materials management teams, as well as the Department of Community and Government Services team to complete the work and to identify priority areas to improve preparedness and emergency response capacity related to procurement and logistics project management. The incumbent will work closely with the Rapid Response Team to ensure kits are up to date and available, as well as to ensure lessons learned from deployments are captured. This position will provide an active role in kitting activities and developing a robust knowledge of inventory and packing lists. The incumbent may be deployed with the RRT to support on site logistics. Also the Coordinator will be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders to support the implementation of procurement procedures and policies and maintain a network to aid in rapid mobilization.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required usually obtained through a recognized Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration or related field along with two (2) years of experience in supply chain and logistics. Experience working in northern, rural or remote environment is an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Term until March 31, 2023. Current Indeterminate Government of Nunavut employees that apply and are successful on this term position may be offered a transfer assignment for the duration of the term, pending managerial approval.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.