You are here
Network Administrator (3 Year Term)
Are your strong customer service orientation and network administration skills enhanced by the ability to confidently manage and meet competing deadlines in a complex IT environment? Can you troubleshoot issues and support multiple users both on-site and remotely? If so, this career opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will maintain QEC’s computing, communication and network infrastructure, while providing support and training to QEC employees regarding computer hardware and software, phone systems and communication lines. As a highly self-motivated Network Administrator, you will work mostly with limited supervision in scheduling minor upgrades of computer hardware and software, while ensuring compliance with QEC Hardware and Software, Network Drive and Security policies, and related corporate procedures. Both detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that QEC employees have the technical knowledge and support required to carry out their duties and meet business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Deploying, maintaining and upgrading computer hardware across the organization;
- Deploying and maintaining all software across the entire organization, including updates to existing programs and installation of new programs;
- Recording and maintaining a list of software licences and end-users;
- Maintaining phone systems in multiple office locations;
- Supporting employees regarding hardware- and software-related issues and/or requirements;
- Providing training to employees, as directed, on computer software and hardware through discussion, documentation and online training;
- Researching new training programs and submitting proposals for changes/upgrades to online training software; and
- Collaborating with other IT Team members to resolve issues, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with an IT concentration;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in an Information Technology environment utilizing Windows Server and Desktop Versions, VMware and Microsoft Exchange, and involving Network troubleshooting and repair, as well as basic desktop/laptop repairs;
- Hands-on upgrading and troubleshooting experience;
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong technical documentation and project management skills;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Keen attention to detail; and
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture; and
- Ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $90,538.50 to $113,334.00 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $24,381 per annum. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing, by May 4, 2018, to: email@example.com
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.