This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Director, Government Information and Planning, the Manager, Solutions Delivery is responsible for providing senior management with expert advice on informatics planning and development and operations to support the implementation of government informatics systems.
This position leads the research into new and existing technologies to determine their potential application within the Government of Nunavut environment and develops Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Information Management (IM) capital infrastructure solutions including project proposals, work plans, staffing schedules, resource requirements, budgetary forecasts, technical evaluations, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility studies, situational analysis, status reports and related presentations. This position also contributes to the continuing development of ICT infrastructure, systems and application security standards. These contributions will have a significant impact towards establishing and maintaining integrity throughout the government’s networks and related application systems.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related field from a recognized university. In addition, you must have as a minimum five (5) years’ experience within an Informatics environment or related field. The successful candidate must also have extensive experience within roles involving support, quality assurance, testing and development of applications and related systems; extensive and recent experience in ICT/IM Architecture and application development in large and complex informatics environments; recent experience working in the areas of privacy and security policy management; and experience planning and managing financial and human resources. The following criteria will be considered assets: Experience with LAN administration including Ethernet switching equipment; experience with copper and fibre based LAN cabling systems and outside MAN building connectivity systems and outside MAN building connectivity systems; vendor certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, Oracle, ITIL, CISSP and PMP, experience in service delivery and helpdesk support processes.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French. Fluency in Inuktitut is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.