Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-21-017 Internal Auditor
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut, reporting to the Board of Directors (BOD), and accountable administratively to the Director of Corporate Affairs, the Internal Auditor is responsible for analyzing and evaluating business processes and internal controls. The Internal Auditor performs operational, financial, and information system audits throughout the Corporation for the preparation of audit reports. The Internal Auditor presents its findings to the Board of Directors and Senior Management and recommends a possible course of action for the Board’s consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and conducts performance, operational, financial, compliance, and information system audit reviews of the Corporation. Implements plans for short-term and long-term internal audits as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Manages all aspects of internal audits by developing and writing audit procedures and control steps that comply with the international standards for the practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provides and independent and objective assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Corporation’s internal controls.
- Identifies and evaluates the Corporation’s risk through the preparation of audit reports that identify appropriate corrective actions, makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the external audit process by collaborating with the Government of Nunavut’s internal audit team, and the Office of the Auditor General of Canada’s annual audit of the Corporation.
Required Qualifications Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Professional designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) designation or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of experience in performing financial and operational audits or compliance audits.
- Experience conducting audits in the Public Sector.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies consisting of a combination of related education and experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $99,684 to $117,312, a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension program, and subsidized staff housing. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
Apply in writing, by May, 21 2021.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.