You are here
Instructors - Various
The Community and Distance Learning division of Nunavut Arctic College is seeking local residents for casual employment positions as Instructors in various Nunavut communities. Programs run from August 2018 to June 2019. Instructor positions are available for:
- College Foundations
- Office Administration
- Adult Basic Education
Under the supervision of the adult educator, the instructor’s primary responsibility is to plan for, instruct, and evaluate learner’s in a variety of adult basic education and/or office administration courses. The incumbent must have expertise in and be qualified to instruct subject areas such as Mathematics, English, Inuktitut, Science, Social Studies, College/Life skills, office procedures, word processing, basic spreadsheet software, and records management.
The instructor will deliver individual and classroom instruction by:
• Planning and implementing an instructional process;
• Assigning work to course participants and reviewing and evaluating their work;
• Coaching, counseling, and making referrals for participants as required
• Evaluating participants and preparing grade reports and narrative assessments
• Maintaining learner progress reports and daily attendance reports
• Providing for learner evaluation of course content and instructional quality
• Assessing learner’s placement within programs
• Co-coordinating with the adult educator for local experts and guest lecturers
The incumbent must have an ability to organize instruction for adults using techniques and methods that are innovative, culturally relevant, and practical in application. The incumbent must have experience instructing indigenous adult learners and have expertise in at least two subject areas.
The requisite knowledge can be obtained formally with the acquisition of a high school diploma and a Certificate in Adult Education, plus 2 years of experience teaching indigenous adults.
Please indicate in your application, which community, and instructor positions you are interested in.
Your resume will be kept on file for 6 months, therefore you will be required to re-submit after that period.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Staffing and Human Resources Consultant
PO Box 990, Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, X0C 0G0
Phone: 867-645-4170 Ext. 5515