This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Social Work Programs, the incumbent is responsible for providing college level, and in the near future, university level education to participants in the Social Services Worker Program.
Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to: develop/present content which accurately reflects the cultural, political, social and environmental realities of Canada with an emphasis on the Nunavut Territory; be seen as a representative of the Nunavut Arctic College within the community and therefore play a critical role in creating and promoting a positive image of the College; develop and administer appropriate and varying methods for student evaluation; co-ordinate student practicums at various agencies throughout Nunavut in order to assist the student in attainment of professional competencies as well as keep current with professional research and literature through attending professional conferences, workshops and seminars when possible.
The ideal candidate will hold the minimal educational requirement according to national accreditation standards: Master’s Degree in Social Work (preferred) or equivalent Social Work Degree as determined by the Canadian Social Work Association as well as three (3) years of work experience as a Social Worker. In addition, the candidate should have experience working and teaching in cross-cultural environments, preferably teaching credit courses at a post-secondary institution in a related field.
You must also be a member in good standing of a provincial Social Work Association/College or be eligible for membership in the Association of Social Workers in Northern Canada (ASWNC).
The ability to speak Inuktut and/or French is an asset.
An eligibility list will be created from this competition.
Equivalencies consisting of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to NACHR@arcticcollege.com Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.