This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit in Arviat only.
Reporting to the Principal, the Illinnarvimmi Inuusilirijii is a community resource person and student advocate who supports, promotes and involves students, parents and community as partners in Education. The Illinnarvimmi Inuusilirijii is an active member of the education staff and School Team and provides a liaison between the community, home, school and the student. The Illinnarvimmi Inuusilirijii provides counseling and guidance to students, promotes the relevance of education in the community and fosters mutual understanding between the community and the school leading to self-fulfillment and success in life.
The successful candidate should have good communication and interpersonal skills, be able to work as a member of a cooperative team, be self-directed in organizing and scheduling their own work, and participate in further training as it becomes available. The ability to write and speak in English and Inuktut will be required.
These skills are normally acquired through the completion of Adult Basic Education equivalent to Grade 12 or higher, completion or willingness to complete the Illinniarvimmi Inuusilirijii training program/certification, and have 5 years of experience working at a community level.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to KivalliqHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.