This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit by location only.
Reporting to the Supervisor, health Programs, the Housekeeper provides general housekeeping, laundry, and linen services to ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the facility to improve appearance and reduce the risk of infection and disease.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the day-to-day housekeeping and laundry for the facility. The Housekeeper has a direct impact on the public’s eye on cleanliness, appearance and overall health of the facility.
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through completion of Grade 8 along with at least 1 year of housekeeping and/or laundry experience in a commercial or institutional setting. Fluency in Inuktitut and English, both written and verbal is required along with a Valid Driver’s License.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French`. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to Igloolik_hr@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.