This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Territorial Director, Pharmacy, the Hospital Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing direct patient care to all patients at the Qikiqtani General Hospital and Kivalliq health center and functions as a resource for drug information for all health centers and long-term care facilities in Nunavut. Patient safety is a priority and therefore improving quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. The Hospital Clinical Pharmacist provides patient specific individualization of drug therapy. The incumbent identifies, resolves and prevents drug therapy problems using a patient-focused process which includes the assessment of a patient’s drug therapy needs through chart review and interpretation of clinical and laboratory findings and in consultation with the multidisciplinary care team. The Hospital Clinical Pharmacist provides specialized clinical pharmacy services such as medication reconciliation, pharmacokinetic/therapeutic drug evaluation/monitoring. This position proactively communications patients/therapeutic care plan issues with patients, physicians, nurses and other members of the care team.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, along with three (3) years’ experience providing pharmacist services in a clinical setting. Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada certification is required. Licensed by or eligible for licensing by the registrar of Nunavut is required. Registration in a Province or Territory in addition to Nunavut is required. Completion of Hospital Residency is preferred.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English, and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.