Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
QEC-19-040 Facilities Coordinator (3 Year Term)
Based out of Iqaluit, Nunavut and reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Coordinator provides property management services to the Corporation through the coordination and maintenance of the Corporations buildings, plants, quonset huts, warehouses, office buildings, in addition to staff and transient housing units throughout the territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, identifies, schedules, performs and/or arranges preventative maintenance to Qulliq Energy Corporation’s (QEC) properties.
- Responds to and resolves unscheduled demand reports of structural/superficial damage, mechanical and electrical failures, and emergencies that affect day-to-day operations. Develops scopes of work, and procures goods and services through the appropriate procurement mechanism (Local Purchase Order’s, Request For Quotes’, Request For Proposal’s, etc.), in order to sustain or repair QEC’s assets.
- Obtains quotes for materials and contractor services, and prepares drawings, estimates and proposals for potential facilities-related projects.
- Adheres to industry best practices and standards and follows all tenancy laws when dealing with staff housing tenants, tender laws, national building codes, safety and regulations and policies, in addition to Corporate and Government of Nunavut (GN) financial management, Human Resources (HR) and procurement policies and procedures.
- On-Call and Stand-by work is a mandatory function of the position and is based on a predetermined schedule established as a function of the organizational need with respect to the resource levels available, the applicable employment agreements and policies.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Inter-provincial Red Seal certification in Carpentry.
- Four (4) years post-qualification experience in carpentry and building maintenance, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the supervision of staff, apprentices and/or contractors.
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language and culture.
- The ability to communicate in Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $91,435 to $106,801 a northern living allowance of $15,016 per annum, eligibility for overtime, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit and pension program, along with subsidized staff housing. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0
This is a sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check will be required.
Apply in writing, by August 30, 2019.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for the interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.