You are here
Are you a qualified journeyperson Carpenter, comfortable liaising with multiple stakeholders – from tenants and colleagues to contractors and suppliers? Do you welcome the challenge of providing property management services throughout Nunavut? If so, get ready to make a great career move.
Under the direction of the Property Manager, you will coordinate and maintain a wide variety of owned and leased commercial and residential buildings – including plants, offices and housing – to ensure they are kept in optimal condition and meet the needs of Qulliq Energy employees and tenants. Travelling to various communities to conduct inspections and undertake repairs or maintenance will be among your duties. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with considerable autonomy, yet is prepared to take direction and advice when needed, someone who can ensure adherence to all applicable codes and standards, plans, blueprints, and specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Undertaking property management-related tasks for all residential and commercial properties leased or owned by QEC, such as housing and transient units, power plants, office buildings, storage facilities, Quonset huts, and shops;
- Conducting physical inspections of assets and preparing condition reports;
- Coordinating and reviewing maintenance requests from tenants, and resolving tenant disputes;
- Cutting keys, purchasing and repairing furniture, and performing cleanup duties;
- Planning and delivering facilities-related carpentry and maintenance projects, from obtaining quotes for materials and contractor services, to preparing drawings, estimates and proposals for potential projects; and
- Handling any other maintenance duties that may be required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Interprovincial Journeyman Carpenter certification;
- A high school education – minimum Grade 12/GED;
- Class 5 Drivers license (must provide a clean drivers abstract);
- At least four (4) years of experience in carpentry and building maintenance;
- Ability to interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications for a variety of projects and assignments related to carpentry and maintenance;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to travel to communities in small aircraft, as required.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from $90,292.80 to $111,904.00 per annum and a comprehensive benefits package, including a Northern Living Allowance of $15,016 per annum. This position is included in the Nunavut Employees Union. Subsidized staff housing is available.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
Apply in writing, by March 23, 2018, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to: Human Resources, Qulliq Energy Corporation, P.O. Box 420, Baker Lake, NU X0C 0A0.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.