This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations with the Department of Health, the Executive Secretary is responsible for providing overall administrative and office management services for the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) of Health. The position will be dealing with sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
The Executive Secretary is responsible for managing and coordinating the office of the Assistant Deputy Minister by carrying out general secretarial, clerical, financial and administrative functions and ensures timely and accurate completion of tasks. The position is responsible for supporting the ADM with Ministerial Office documents such as briefing notes and cabinet submissions including Request for Decision (RFD). The position is key to maintaining public and interdepartmental relationships, as it is often the first point of contact for clients and other departments who have issues to be discussed by the ADM and/or the Department.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a high school diploma or equivalent and certification from a recognized secretarial or office administration program along with two (2) years’ work experience performing related duties in a similar office setting.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French. Fluency in Inuktitut is required. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an assets
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to GNHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.