This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the District Director, as a member of the management team this position performs a dual function in financial support to the District office, monitors, evaluates and assists the respective Local Housing Organizations (LHOs) in all financial matters. The incumbent is responsible for the financial, administration and human resources operation management for the District Office. In addition, this position also provides a fiduciary role in managing the District Offices assets and in the provision of effective financial management reporting to the District and Directorate Offices.
The incumbent takes the lead in managing the financial operations of the District and control the O&M, Revenue and Capital budgets with the District Director, other members of the management team and the finance support staff. The incumbent provides advice and assistance to LHOs in the District to plan, budget, manage and administer their financial affairs by working with the finance support staff. The incumbent provides advice and assistance in financial management and adminsitration to the District Technical, Program and Staff Housing management by working with the finance support staff to ensure the requirements of the Financial Administrative Act, Directives and associated procedures in the processing of financial documents are followed. The incumbent administers District Office financial operations and supervises the Finance and Administration staff ensure the efficient and effective administration as well as provide other related duties on behalf of the Corporation as directed by the District Director.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through completion of the CPA designation with atleast 5 years related business or accounting expierience. The incumbent will have a minimum of 2 years supervisory expierience in an administrative or accounting environment.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to KivalliqHR@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.