This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit only.
Under the direction of the Director of Community Operations Baffin, the Director of Community Operations Intern will assist with and take on increasing responsibilities in managing implementing and monitoring overall economic development program delivery to the 13 communities of the Qikiqtaaluk Region of Nunavut; providing strategic direction and leadership in managing the Programs; providing advise to the Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister of Economic Development on a myriad of local government and community issues; promoting and facilitating local capacity building; ensuring full regulatory compliance for a wide variety of local programs.
As a member of the Senior Management Team and working closely with the Regional Directors, Community Operations in the other two Regions, the Intern will maintain frequent contact with municipal councils, municipal administrative staff, Inuit Organizations, and others to build relationships. The Intern will progressively provide leadership and direction to the human and financial resources, manage divisional staff through GN human resource policies, practices, and consistent with the Collective Agreement, supervision of 4 employees and support staff divided between the North and South Baffin office locations of Pond Inlet and Pangnirtung.
For entry into the internship program, the incumbent will have a Certificate in Community Administration, Economic Development, Commerce, Public Administration or Business Administration, two years recent relevant management experience, two years of economic development experience, understanding of Inuit Language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit.
Proficiency in speaking and writing Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun or French is an asset
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.