This employment opportunity is open to all applicants
This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Comptroller is accountable for carrying out the management of the financial affairs of the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC), for safeguarding the corporation’s assets, preparing financial reports, maintaining internal financial controls, and providing training and advice.
This position is responsible for the preparation of yearly budgets; continuous monitoring of the corporation’s financial situation; oversight of twenty-five local housing organization’s financial statements and audits; and control of revenue and expenditure.
The Corporate Comptroller has eight direct reports and seventeen indirect reports in the Finance Division. The duties of the position have an impact on all of the Corporation’s Divisions, three districts, twenty-five local housing organizations, various contracts and individual corporation clients. The incumbent must ensure all accounting and financial processes are performed under the guidance of the general accepted accounting principles, PSAS, the FAA, NEU Collective Agreement, Human Resources Manual and other applicable legislations.
The successful candidate will have completed a Certified Public Accountant designation with at least five years of management experience and ten years of progressive job responsibility in the filed of accounting.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.