This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
The Admissions Officer provides admission services for Nunatta Campus in Iqaluit and is directly responsible for all processes and protocol related to student administration and records management for the campus and Qikiqtaaluk Community Learning Centres including the Piqqusilirivvik Cultural School.
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing admission, enrollment, matriculation, course registration, issuing transcripts and certificates upon request, as well as keeping students’ academic records. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for monitoring the submission of grades and will supervise Student Records/Revenue Assistant.
The Admissions Officer spends a significant portion of time dealing with learners in person, by email and/or over the telephone concerning their application to the College and/or their academic and financial records. The incumbent will provide guidance, advice, and support to future students applying to programs regarding program requirements, eligibility, and applications in addition to current students regarding registration, withdrawal, and accounts.
Successful applicants are required to have the following:
- Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration or a related field.
- One (1) years of experience in a related administration role, preferably in a government or post-secondary setting.
- Fluency in Inuktut would be considered an asset.
An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.