This is a one-day course ideal for any employees that are looking to learn or improve their writing skills for briefing notes.
Here is an overview of the course:
- Briefing notes are an essential means for staff to inform, advise and influence the decision-making process in the public and private sector organizations.
- This workshop uses practical exercises to develop skills in planning and writing briefing notes that aid effective decision-making. Participants will learn techniques for summarizing complex information and writing concisely and persuasively.
- The workshop is highly interactive, and learners are encouraged to try out new skills in a fun, no-risk environment. Participates are invited to bring samples of their work for review by the instructor.
- The workshop will cover the following topic areas:
- The 4 stages of Effective writing
- Pre-writing and planning drafting
- How to use planning models
All GN employees are welcome to apply, but the course will be based on Eastern Standard Time (EST) from 9:30 – 4:30 pm.
If interested, please fill in the application form and register. Participants are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, and only a limited number of spots are available.