Leadership is a skill that is not completely inherent but also has a learned component. As a woman, it is sometimes hard to move into a leadership position in the workplace. However, you have to be ready with the skills you will need when the opportunity presents itself.
Get those skills sharpened with this course. You will learn about social and emotional intelligence, how to transform barriers to benefits, and foster self-awareness. In addition, you will learn strategic decision-making skills, how to develop a leadership brand and a workplace philosophy.
- Understand a brief history and evolution of women and leadership.
- Recognize barriers to women’s leadership and how to handle them.
- Learn how to use barriers to create benefits.
- Define Social and Emotional Intelligence and understand its importance in workplace leadership.
- Understand the importance of Self-Awareness in identifying and owning your own strengths and skills.
- Develop a basic vision and brand for your leadership.
- Understand the essential leadership skills for women.
- Examine steps and skills to good decision making.
- Create your own Workplace Philosophy Statement and Action Plan.
All GN employees are welcome to register for this course, but it will be offered based on Mountain Standard Time (MST) from 9:00am-4:30pm, participants enrolled are expected to complete this course based on this time zone.