The purpose of this program is to enable supervisors to acquire or enhance the knowledge and basic skills they need to handle everyday challenges effectively. Supervisors play a special role in helping employees overcome the barriers they face and situations for which they must often find solutions. They constitute the first level of management and are in direct contact with a large number of employees performing a wide range of duties. Their competencies in all areas related to managing people is essential to their own success and balance and the success of their organization.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use realism, restraint, and resolve when facing any tough challenge;
- Prevent and resolve conflicts between employees effectively;
- Deal with layoffs in a way that minimizes the negative effects (when and if appropriate);
- Show support for employees with performance issues while building a defensible case for discipline and/or termination if necessary; (when and if appropriate);
- Deal with employees’ personal problems with sensitivity and fairness; and,
- Take control and responsibility in a crisis.
- Preventing and resolving conflict between Employees;
- Dealing with employees facing personal and/or professional problems and situations;
- Dealing with exceptional situations when appropriate;
- Discipline and termination (when appropriate);
- Dealing with layoffs (when appropriate); and,
- Managing crisis.
Schedule: Tues-Wed (9am-4:30pm)