Effective team performance is based on the team members; having a clear understanding of their shared goals, strategies, and work plans, along with clarity around their individual roles and responsibilities. Interpersonal qualities of trust, communication, and mutual accountability are essential for team development. These two aspects determine a team’s ability to achieve and sustain high performance. Team building is essential when an organization wishes to strengthen its operational and programmatic capacity.
- Supporting team development through its formative stages
- Enhancing constructive communication with and within the team; effective use of feedback for team improvement
- Acquire and practice basic conflict resolution skills
- Learn a process to support the team establish in establishing a vision aligned with their mandate
- Explore and establish some principles and behaviours to guide their team performance
- Create a plan for monitoring progress toward achieving their vision and fulfilling their mandate.
All GN employees are welcome to register for this course, but it will be offered based on Mountain Standard Time (MST) from 9:00 am-4:30pm. Registered participants are expected to complete the entirety of the course based on this time zone.