The purpose of this one-day program is to provide supervisors with the basic knowledge and skills they need to use delegation to help employees’ growth. Supervisors have a special role to play in supporting their employees in their efforts for self-development. They constitute the first level of management and are in direct contact with employees performing a wide range of duties. Supervisors benefit by developing their competencies in as many areas as possible. Their development also benefits their organization’s success and performance. They must not only have a clear understanding of their organization’s objectives but also know how to communicate those to people responsible for everyday operations.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize delegation as a tool for employee growth;
- Prepare themselves to delegate effectively;
- Assess their employees to determine their delegation needs;
- Match employees and projects appropriately;
- Identify barriers to delegation and overcome them;
- Apply the steps to delegating effectively; and,
- Handle mistakes, missteps and failures as learning opportunities.
- The Purpose of Delegation;
- Preparing for Delegation;
- The Steps of Delegation;
- Change and conflict resolution.
- Mistakes, Missteps and Failures.
Schedule: Thursday (9am-4:30pm)