You are here
Human Resource Strategy
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᓄᑦ ᑲᔪᖏᖅᓴᐃᒍᑎᒃᓴᐃᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᐅᑎᒋᔭᖏᑦ Human Resource Strategy 2019-2023
The Government of Nunavut (GN) is proud to release the new ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᓄᑦ ᑲᔪᖏᖅᓴᐃᒍᑎᒃᓴᐃᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᐅᑎᒋᔭᖏᑦ Human Resource Strategy 2019-2023. This strategy reaffirms the GN’s Turaaqtavut commitments of refocusing policies and programs on Inuit employment at all levels of the public service and strengthening human resource capacity across the public service.
The Inuktitut title, ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔭᖅᑎᓄᑦ ᑲᔪᖏᖅᓴᐃᒍᑎᒃᓴᐃᑦ ᐸᕐᓇᐅᑎᒋᔭᖏᑦ Iqqanaijaqtinut Kajungiqsaigutiksait Parnautigijangit, translates to “Inspiring Plans and Actions for the Government of Nunavut Employees”. This follows the Iviqtippalliajut priority to “use Inuktut to name and describe objectives, policies, initiatives, and legislation.”
The new HR Strategy builds on the previous strategy and has four goals:
- Inuit Employment - Continuing to increase and enhance Inuit employment in the public service.
- Skilled People - Attracting, developing, and retaining skilled people.
- Strong Leaders - Growing strong and effective leaders.
- A Respectful Workplace - Supporting a healthy and respectful work and service environment.
It also has four priorities:
- Recruiting the skilled people we need.
- Engaging and developing employees.
- Enhancing and improving programs and services.
- Applying data and information in planning and decision-making.
With the Department of Human Resources as the lead, central agencies, departments, and territorial corporations will work together to achieve the goals and priorities in this HR Strategy over the following years.