You are here
Department of Finance Q&A - November 4, 2019, 7 p.m. Update
Department of Finance Q&A
Will the ransomware attack affect GN employees’ pay schedule?
• The department is working to initiate pay on the next pay period as scheduled. There are two weeks left until the next pay period.
Are vendors going to be able to receive payments as scheduled?
• There will be delays until the Finance Department’s systems are up. In the meantime, Finance is working with other departments to prioritize payments.
Will I be reimbursed for my medical or duty travel?
• Payments and reimbursements will be prioritized as soon as the system is up and running.
Are Finance Department offices going to be open?
• Yes, Finance Department staff are expected to report to work as usual. Some services may be available only in person, by phone or by fax.
• Please visit or call your local Finance Department office for more information.
Is the beer and wine store going to remain open?
• The point of sale of the beer and wine store is not impacted by this incident. Regular working hours and ways of payment remain as usual.
Department of Finance External Contact List
Iqaluit - Parniavik building
Iqaluit - Brown building
Rankin Inlet regional office
Igloolik regional office
Cambridge Bay regional office
Taxation and insurance
Special Occasion Permit, liquor license
Licensee orders, liquor permit