Powerful Negotiation Skills:
We use negotiating techniques in our everyday lives, sometimes without realizing it. In our professional lives, however, negotiating is a necessary and versatile skill. The ability to negotiate appropriately can be your edge in achieving success. Whether you're dealing with colleagues, employees, senior management, prospects, clients or suppliers, you will achieve your goals more often by using powerful, appropriate and effective negotiating strategies and techniques.
You will learn how to improve your negotiating skills with a clearer understanding of highly effective communication techniques. You will better understand the ins and outs of negotiation, and develop effective strategies, tactics and counter-measures for manipulative opponents. The workshop uses experiential methods allowing you to apply what you have learned and practice your new skills in a variety of methodologies.
These include role-plays, case studies, personal skill analysis questionnaires, games, and trainer-led discussions.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to: explain the real purpose of constructive negotiation leading to win-win
• Develop the emotional, logical and ethical components of a win-win negotiator
• Distinguish between "positional" and "principled" negotiating
• Plan and structure a win-win negotiation event
• Assess personal negotiating motivation and aptitudes
• Use communication skills critical to successful negotiating
• Handle conflict situations as they arise during negotiation events
• Identify and expand upon your personal style of managing conflict
• Apply a 5-step process in managing and resolving conflicts