Staff Directory

You are here

GN Departments of Human Resources and Justice Update, November 7, 11:30 a.m.

07 November 2019

Departments Q&A

Department of Human Resources External Q&A – Updated November 7, 11:30 a.m. 

Will the Government of Nunavut offices be open on Monday, November 11, Remembrance Day? 

  • Government of Nunavut offices will be closed on Monday, November 11, Remembrance Day.

Who can I call at Human Resources? 

  • Iqaluit Headquarter’s toll-free 1-888-668-9993
  • Qikiqtaaluk regional office toll-free 1-800-682-9033
  • Kivalliq regional office toll-free 1-800-933-3072
  • Kitikmeot regional office toll-free 1-866-667-6624
  • Human Resources main line in Iqaluit 975-6200
  • Human Resources staffing line in Iqaluit 975-6222


Is the GN still accepting applications or appeals for jobs? 

  • Due to the Government of Nunavut network outage, emails sent after November 1, 2019 have not been received and processed. Please submit your job application by fax or walk in to your nearest Human Resources Staffing Office. Job applications can be sent by email after the network is restored.
    • Staffing division buildings and fax numbers:
      • Iqaluit – Building 935 – Saputit Place - (867) 975-6220
      • Igloolik – 37-2000 Tumivut Building - (867) 934-2027
      • Rankin Inlet – 16-71 Oomilik Building - (867) 645-8097
      • Cambridge Bay – Helen Maksagak Building 15 Omingmak Street – (867) 983-4041


I have reference check/screening/interviews booked for this week, will they still continue?

  • Yes, if the panel members are available.
  • Call the staffing representative who invited you for more information.


I want to appeal a competition before the deadline this week, what can I do?

  • Call the staffing representative to discuss the competition and reasons why you are appealing the decision.  If you wish to appeal, you can email the appeal form to the regional appeal email address after the system is restored then an appeal hearing will happen.


I applied to a competition the November 2 wee-kend, how can I find out if my application was received?

  • Please email the application again after the system is restored.


I submitted a casual employee application to be entered into the system on Friday, November 1, how do I know if it was entered?

  • Call and speak to the staffing representative who enters casual employee applications.


I start my term/indeterminate job this week and I don’t have my travel booked yet; what can I do?

  • Call the relocation coordinator who sent you the relocation package and your supervisor to discuss what the plan is.


I am in transit; started my new job on Monday, November 4 and expecting to reach my final destination on Tuesday, November 5.  Are my reservations in hotels and on airlines cancelled?

  • No, continue with your travel plans.  Make sure to call your relocation coordinator and supervisor to make sure everything is okay.  Your supervisor or a department representative will meet you at the airport at your final destination.


I applied for a job competition that closed in September/October, can I get an update?

  • Please send your request for an update when the system is restored. 



Department of Justice Q&A


Are probation offices open and can I show up for my scheduled appointment?

  • All probation offices remain open and clients are required to report for their scheduled appointment. 
    • If you have questions, please contact your community corrections office
      • Arctic Bay: 867-439-9922 / 867-439-8709
      • Arviat: 867-857-2810 / 867-857-2961
      • Baker Lake: 867-793-2962 / 867-793-2726
      • Cape Dorset: 867-897-8896 / 867-897-8875 / 867-897-8893
      • Chesterfield Inlet: 867-898-9943
      • Coral Harbour: 867-925-8597
      • Igloolik: 867-934-8080 / 867-934-8020
      • Naujaat: 867-462-4061
      • Rankin Inlet: 867-645-4667
      • Sanikiluaq: 867-266-8833 / 867-266-8893
      • Whale Cove: 867-896-9903
      • Pond Inlet: 867-899-8884
      • Gjoa Haven: 867-360-4609
      • Cambridge Bay: 867-983-3232
      • Kugluktuk: 867-982-4444


Maintenance Enforcement Payments

Will I still be able to receive my payments from Maintenance Enforcement? 

  • The Maintenance Enforcement office is operating at usual. Individuals will not see interruptions in their maintenance enforcement payments. This includes child support. 
  • If you have questions about your Maintenance Enforcement Payments, please contact our office at 1-800-792-4183.