Staff Directory

You are here

What you need to know about fundraising lotteries

18 November 2015 

Public Service Announcement 

What you need to know about fundraising lotteries 

Do you want to fundraise in your community though a raffle, draw, bingo, pull ticket or other type of lottery? 

Did you know that only registered charitable or non-profit organizations can hold these events? 

You must first get a licence for all types of lotteries or draws in Nunavut. 

If you want to sell tickets as a fundraising activity in your community, please contact Consumer Affairs for more information on how to apply for a lottery licence: 

Consumer Affairs 1-866-223-8139 (toll-free) or 867-975-5449 


For more program information, contact:

Margaret Taylor
Manager, Consumer Affairs
Department of Community and Government Services 

Jodi Durdle-Awa 
Director of Policy 
Department of Community and Government Services