You are here
Department of Economic Development and Transportation Q&A - November 4, 2019, 7 p.m. Update
Department of Economic Development and Transportation Q&A
Will EDT offices be open?
• Yes, we expect all EDT offices to be open for business, however some services may be limited.
Will airport services be impacted?
• No operational impacts are expected.
• The Nunavut Airports Division has activated contingency plans to ensure safe and effective communications at all airports.
• Regional airport managers will work with Municipalities and other contractors to ensure that safe and effective operations.
Will EDT programs and services to the public be available?
• There will be disruptions for the delivery of driver's licences and identification cards.
• EDT is working with our GN partners to develop a process to issue emergency ID cards.
• This process will be shared with the public once it is available.
• Nunavummiut who have current applications for Economic Development Grants and Contributions will see delays in processing these applications.
• All offices will be open and can be contacted by phone or fax. A list of phone contacts will be developed by 12:00 Eastern Time Monday, November 4th.
• For urgent communications regarding safety concerns an interim email address has been created and will be monitored: firstname.lastname@example.org