The Department of Culture and Heritage provides grant and contribution funding to non-profit, community-based organizations, individuals, and municipal corporations who direct their efforts to the promotion, protection and preservation of Nunavut’s culture and heritage, official languages, and activities that support elders and youth.
Each year the Department of Culture and Heritage funds over 100 separate grants and contributions. These include both complex and minor projects. Community-based projects that involve local people, especially elders and youth, are strongly supported. These programs have a significant impact on individuals and communities across Nunavut. Organizations, agencies or individuals that do not meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to consider partnerships with non-profit community-based organizations, or municipal corporations.
- CH Grants & Contributions Policy
- APPLICATION FORM FOR: Elders and Youth Initiatives
- APPLICATION FORM FOR: Heritage Initiatives
- APPLICATION FORM FOR ONLY: Inuit Societal Values;
- APPLICATION FORM FOR: Official Language Programs
Francophone Funding Programs
- Application Form
- Guidelines - French Language Services
- Guidelines - French Language Arts and Culture Development
Grants and Contributions
For assistance with Culture and Heritage Grants and Contributions applications:
Toll Free: 1-866-934-2035
In Iqaluit: 1-867-975-5519 0r 1-867-975-5516
Adminstration Officer, Grants and Contributions