You are here
February 17 – 28, 2014
Uqausirmut Quviasuutiqarniq is twelve days of celebration of how important Inuktut is to our families, schools and, communities.
This year’s theme is Uqausiqput piqqusittinnut sangijjutauvuq (“our language keeps our culture strong”).
Let’s learn and teach. Let’s sing and tell stories. Let’s take action. Plan your activities to celebrate Inuktut and keep our culture strong.
Check out our website; www.ch.nu.gov.nu.ca soon for updates and more resources.
For more information, please contact Tocasie Burke, Manager of Inuktut Affairs, at (867) 975-5528, email@example.com.
Inuktut Birthday Songs CD
In 2014, we released the winners of our birthday songs contest. Here are ten original songs in Inuktut that celebrate birthdays and being alive, along with the songs, Inuktut lyrics, and music sheets.
- Looee Arreak - ULLUMI NALLIUTIVUQ.mp3
- Andrew Morrison - INUULAUQSIMAGAVIT.mp3
- Helena Bolt - QUVIAHUGLUTIT!.mp3
- Miali Coley - TAKUAPIUNA.mp3
- Alooloo Killapik - ALIANAIT NALLIUTISIMAGAVIT.mp3
- David Joanasie - NALLIUTIGAVIT QUVIASUGIT.mp3
- Julia Demcheson - ALIANAITTUQATTAQTUQ.mp3
- Apayata Kotierk - ATII ATII ATII PISULIRIT INUUSIRMI.mp3
- Malcolm Kempt - ULLUMI ULLUMI.mp3
- Jennifer Demcheson - ULLUMI QAIQUJAUSIMAGATTA.mp3
Learn the words and music.
All tracks produced, recorded, mixed, and mastered by Chris Coleman of Nuvu Music in Iqaluit. All tracks arranged by Chris Coleman, expect tracks 8 and 10. Tracks 2, 4, and 9 feature the Aqsarniit School Choir, directed by Joselyn Morrison.
For more information about Qilaut or to request CDs, contact Tocasie Burke at 867-975-5528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.