You are here
Technical Services provides technical oversight, solutions and feedback during the complete life cycle of various types of capital projects as well as existing assets. The section supplies multidisciplinary expertise in architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, energy conservation, environmental, civil/municipal and geotechnical disciplines.
Technical Services provides the following:
- Design review services for government buildings and municipal/civil work projects: reviewing consultants’ proposed detailed designs, plans and specifications to ensure a consistent approach to the life-cycle design of facilities, constructability, building code compliance, general construction, project management direction and advice. Using historical data and new technological innovations to ensure a final product that meets all codes and standards and the needs of the client within allocated budgets.
- Technical evaluations and reports: performing technical assessments and using the resulting information to recommend improvements to existing infrastructure and future design.
- Technical standards: developing and updating technical standards and criteria, as well as design and construction guidelines.
- Project inspections: undertaking inspections throughout construction and post-occupancy phases on GN major capital projects for the purpose of monitoring adherence to technical standards and design criteria.
- Technical support: troubleshooting building systems and training people to operate and maintain facilities.
- Energy management program: undertaking energy audits in order to develop energy management and retrofit programs for buildings.
The Design Review outlines project requirements for the client and delivery departments, establishing a basis for evaluating design alternatives.
Good Building Practices Guideline
The Design Review provides a technical reference to help builders produce the best value in their construction.
Department of Community and Government Services
P.O. Box 1000, Station 620
Phone: (867) 975-5440
Fax: (867) 975-5457