You are here
The Government of Nunavut is seeking local residents for casual employment positions in all 25 of Nunavut’s communities. Casual employment is a great opportunity to gain employment that matches your experience, education and skillset. A wide-range of employment opportunities are available— from administrative to management levels— and we offer competitive salaries and benefits!
What is the process?
- The Department or agency identifies the need to hire a full-time, temporary employee.
- The hiring Department or agency reviews the resumes on file for Casual Employment.
- Interview and reference checks may be conducted.
- Human Resources is informed once a candidate is selected and the paperwork is processed.
Applying for Casual Employment
- Please indicate on your resume that you are seeking casual employment.
- At minimum your resume should indicate the places you have worked, the dates you worked, the duties you performed, education details and assets.
- Include a current phone number and email address. Remember to contact us if your information changes.
- If you’re unsure which regional office to apply to please contact email@example.com for more information.
Your resume will be kept on file for 6 months; therefore you will be required to resubmit after that period.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
If you are interested in casual employment, please email your resume to your regional office below. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
Toll free: 1-888-668-9993
Toll free: 1-800-933-3072
Toll free: 1-800-682-9033
Toll free: 1-866-667-6624