Requires an acceptable criminial record check and vulnerable sector check
This position provides janitorial duties, security, as well as routine building, equipment, and vehicle maintenance. The Caretaker provides general assistance to the Health Centre such as interpreting as needed and courier to ensure it is kept running smoothly. Functions as a member of the Health Care Team.
Located in Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, this position is responsible for the day to day janitorial duties of the Health Centre. The position provides janitorial, security, routine building, equipment, and vehicle maintenance, courier, and general assistance to the Supervisor, Health Programs, Community Health Nurses, Support Staff, and other members of the Health team. The position has a direct impact on the public’s eye on general maintenance and security of the Health Centre.
The incumbent must have Grade 8 and 1 year basic mechanical or carpentry experience and the appropriate training programs. The following are essential competencies:
- WHMIS training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training
- Mechanical or carpentry experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle
- Mature, responsible, dependable, independent
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Have an interest in the community and is willing to help
- Capable of lifting medium/heavy items
- Knowledge of Inuktitut/Inuinnaqtun
- Basic English (spoken and written)
- This is a highly sensitive position.Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks are required