You are here
Young Parents Stay Learning
The Young Parents Stay Learning Program is a daycare subsidy program to help young parents with the cost of childcare while the parent attends school.
Who Can Participate?
Any student of an elementary, middle, or high school (or students under 18 attending a post-secondary program) in Nunavut who have children of their own.
- Not receiving the day care user subsidy funded by the Department of Education
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of a child or children who need care
- Enrolled in a full-time program of study for middle or high school within Nunavut or under the age of 18 years of age and enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program of study within Nunavut
- Student prepared letter of why this subsidy is important to them
- Application form signed by a school counselor or principal.
- Sign an agreement to attend full-time and to commit to progressing in studies
- Not receiving funding from a Regional Inuit Organization.
- Space available at a licensed childcare facility or with a private unlicensed caregiver (only with approval from the Department when licensed childcare is not available)
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance
- Evidence of satisfactory progress
How to Apply:
To apply, the student must complete the application form. Mailing instructions are included.