You are here
Project Manager Operations
This position is located in Iqaluit and will report to the Manager Informatics Projects within the Informatics Planning and Services (IPS) division. The position functionally sits within the IPS Network Operation’s section and will work closely with the Telecommunications, Database and Systems sections. It deals primarily with enterprise level operational project requirements involving major GN networks, server room application systems, client department facility planning and all hardware/software related to these major infrastructures. The incumbent will work closely with each IPS Network Operation’s section, the IPS Project Office, CGS Technical Services, client department and outside contractors in managing initiatives involving these major infrastructures. This position will be expected to provide project management skills necessary to keep the assigned projects on time, within scope and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or diploma in Information Technology and certification in Project Management, plus 6 years of experience in Information Technology, including 3 years working with enterprise level infrastructures and 3 years working in project management as a primary job function related to Information Technology. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
A strong understanding of enterprise level infrastructures is required for this position. This will be demonstrated through solid knowledge in the following conceptual infrastructure areas: Telecommunications, Server and System implementations, Application and RDBMS deployments and Help Desk support processes.
This position requires excellent client relations skills, planning, organization and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work well within a team and as a team leader. In addition, the following will be considered significant additional assets for the incumbent and must, in any case, be acquired within the first year of incumbency: Awareness of the Nunavut Informatics environment, including knowledge of the Information Operations mission, organizational structure and mandates; Awareness of the GN’s procurement and financial processing environments; A knowledge of the mandates and program activities of the GN’s various departments; Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations applicable to information management and information technology (Access to Information and Privacy Acts, Consulting and Audit Canada standards, etc.) in order to ensure systems integrity, reliability and security; ITIL certification
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.