You are here
Eligibility: All Indeterminate Government of Nunavut Employees
Any employee wishing to compete on this transfer assignment must provide written approval from his/her Deputy Minister when applying.
The Iqaluit Public Health and Family Practice provides Public Health Services to the community of Iqaluit and to the Baffin Region. Reporting to the Manager of Iqaluit Public Health, the Office Manager makes a wide range of decisions related to direct management and supervision of the support staff, health records, building and vehicle operations. The incumbent is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Unit’s support staff which includes providing leadership and human resource activities and ensures that the work environment is secure and rewarding. The incumbent provides administrative and secretarial support to the Public Health Office.
The ideal candidate will have a Grade 12 Diploma. A Secretarial/Administration Diploma with experience is preferred. One year management/supervisory experience is required as well as experience and/or training in medical records management. The successful candidate must have knowledge of and experience with Meditech or a similar program. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational, oral and written skills. The ability to speak Inuktitut and French is preferred. You must have a valid driver’s license. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.